You will discover various ways of decorating clothes. In the field of textiles, dresses might be enhanced mostly through printing, dyeing, and batiking. The resist methods of material decoration contain Wax resist/Batik, Starch/Clay, Konkonte (Cooked cassava dough), Stitching or Tritiking, Wood and nail approach, Knotting, Bunching, Binding, chemical resist and plenty of others. Nonetheless, the Wax resist, starch resist, and tie dyeing are talked over.
Wax resist/ Batik
Tools and resources desired:
Material, wax, tjantin, brush, stamps, gloves, spoon, dyes and chemical compounds, plastic bowls, metallic pans or pots, a supply of heat.
1. Implement molten wax onto The material working with tjantin, brush, stamp and many others. to resist some parts of The material that are not to obtain dye throughout the dyeing procedure. Other strategies are utilized separately or in combination to this will incorporate painting, splashing, dropping, sprinkling or stamping procedures to develop intriguing patterns around the floor of The material.
2. The fabric is dyed in the 1st coloured dye. It is dewaxed, rinsed and dried.
3. The fabric is rewaxed for your dyeing of the second colour to get The 2 coloured outcome. The rewaxing is done at other parts of The material ahead of the dyeing is carried out.
Equipment and components required:
Fabric, boiled starch, dyes, chemical substances, hand gloves, spoon, brush, bowl, metal pan or pot, pencil
1. Distribute the fabric on the table plus the styles or types are made on it by the use of a pencil.
2. Boiled starch is applied to The material employing a brush. It’s allowed to dry extensively. Dyeing of the initial colour is performed. All through dyeing, the un starched places obtain the dye liquor.
3. Unique areas of The material are re starched along with the dyeing of the 2nd colour will take spot. Dewaxing, rinsing and drying are then performed.
Resources and elements necessary:
Fabrics, dyes, chemical compounds, raffia/cord, hand gloves, spoon, bowl, wood and nails, a source of warmth.
1. The fabric is folded, tied, stitched or bunched etc. with raffia or cord. A different choice is to position The material concerning two pieces of Wooden and nailed to resist some parts of The material from dyeing.
two. Dye The material with the primary coloured dye. It truly is untied, rinsed and dried.
three. The fabric is then refolded, tied, stitched, or bunched. The fabric is dyed in the second coloured dye. It truly is untied, rinsed and dried.